Parts Washer Warning

To: tkrause@cedar-rapids.net, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Parts Washer Warning
From: Malaboge <Malaboge@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 13:24:53 EST

<<

  I set up a filter system on my washer using a remote filter adapter for
 automotive filters,simply run the output of the pump to the filter and then
connect the flex hose
 thingy to the output of the filter.I use either used oil filters,(except the
ones off my diesel
 rabbit--YUK!!)or cheap new filters. >>

Guys-
Allow me to interject here on an important point...
Please do not use "used" oil filters on your setup. Lead from your engine
bearings accumulates in the oil filter when on the engine, you then run
solvent thru the filter on the tank, and the solvent is quickly polluted with
the lead. Bare hands in the solvent, and breathing the vapors, result in
poisoning yourself with the lead.

I already weigh enough...I don't need any extra "heavy" metal...
    Nick in Nor Cal