How to convince my wife I need another car?

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: How to convince my wife I need another car?
From: "Thomas Wannenburg" <twannen@bgsm.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 11:34:05 -0400 (EDT)

> Please help me convince her that this is a good idea...
> Any and all suggestions/angles/bribes? would be appreciated.

1)  What not to do:  Resist the temptation to refer to her as the "'61 wife".  I
saw this one on a subscriber signature on the MG list under "vehicles owned".
This places her in direct competition with your cars and can lead IMHO to no end
of trouble for you.

2)  My approach.  I talk about it, expound on my research, rationalize for a
loong time.  Eventually my wife is convinced that this wont go away and gets so
sick of hearing about it that she is relieved when I buy the car and pipe down.
I am currently annoying her with the relative merits of a series 3 XJ6 versus an
XJ40 in anticipation of an impending purchase.

Rest assured even the best wife cannot save you from yourself.

Good luck
Tom Wannenburg

Thomas Wannenburg MD.
Cardiology, Bowman Gray School of Medicine
Wake Forest Univ
Medical Center Blvd
Winston - Salem, NC 27157
Tel (910) 716 9664