Re: How to convince my wife I need another car?

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Re: How to convince my wife I need another car?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 01 May 1997 14:51:16 -0400
> There is a car that I have wanted to buy for a long time.
>
> So far my efforts to convince my wife that I need this car are failing.
>
> Please help me convince her that this is a good idea...
> Any and all suggestions/angles/bribes? would be appreciated.

  I wouldn't say my marriage was "on the rocks" and that
having cool cars saved it, but the car is a positive in
my personal relationship.

  If you are like me, I don't really go out of my way
to go anywhere if it can be helped. The wife was never been
very lucky at getting me "to go to that restaurant
way out there" or "to go out to the river for a nice
walk".

  Having a car that I enjoyed gave us a lot more togetherness
time. I'd go somewhere so I could enjoy driving the car
there and back, she'd enjoy the destination and getting me
off this computer for a change.

  It was win-win.

W.R. Gibbons writes:
> My lady friend is very much opposed to motorcycles.  So when I see one for
> sale by the road, I always stop, look it over carefully, note the address
> and phone of the owner, etc.  When I get back in the car, I talk about it
> seriously, as if I am very tempted to buy it.  My impression is that any
> 4-wheeled vehicle I buy after that will be a relief to her.

  I can play the same game with muscle cars. Then a nice LBC
becomes a welcome relief.