Re: Electrical ducting

To: Andy Banta <Andy.Banta@Eng.Sun.COM>
Subject: Re: Electrical ducting
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 10:05:26 -0800
The  annoying thing that I learned last night is that since my workshop is
in a garage, all circuits with outlets should be (according to code) be
protected by GFCI. This means no neutral sharing (I believe), no half-size
"tandem" breakers, and the cost of the breakers jumps from $6.95 to $35. I
still haven't found a two-pole GFCI-equipped breaker for a 220V outlet,
though I haven't looked too hard - I imagine it will cost more than $100.

Maybe I *will* wire this garage without a permit.