Re: FW: Electrical ducting

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FW: Electrical ducting
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 09:34:00 -500
W. R. Gibbons writes:

> run > the air first and bend the conduit around the copper pipe. > I am now
> using elbows to "jump" the conduit --

>  try bending the copper pipe around the electrical conduit.

> I don't know why plumbers insist on all those fittings; it
> must be for pretty.  You can bend copper pipe.

Simple- drainback. properly laid out plumbing should be able to drain almost
completly by opening one or 2 valves at the low side of the lines. (Yes,
after you shut off the incoming). This makes it much easier to work on the
system, or empty it for "cold storage". I've plumbed my whole house- Kitchen,
laundry, 2 1/2 baths, and almost all of it will drain back properly.

Drainback in air lines is important, as already mentioned, to keep water out
of the air system, by having everything drain towards a purge valve.

Roger