Re: more garage notes

Subject: Re: more garage notes
From: Chip Old <fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 12:11:33 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 11 Jan 1996, Chris Kantarjiev wrote:

> At 12:46 PM 1/10/96, Dave Williams wrote:
>
> > If the building is already up and you want to go through the centers of
> >the studs, you have only two choices:  PVC and copper.  Unless you can
> >cut through the outside of the building to feed pipe through a corner.
> >
> Do you mean that 3/4" copper pipe is flexible enough to feed into the
> studs, or that it should be cut and spliced?

Semi-rigid 1/2 and 3/4 inch copper pipe can be had in large rolls which
can be fed through holes drilled in the studs.  You probably won't find
semi-rigid pipe at your local Home Depot or Hechinger.  Try a large
plumbing supply store.

If I remember correctly, semi-rigid copper pipe has a slightly lower
burst strength than rigid copper pipe, but I doubt that it's low enough
to cause problems.

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily driver)
fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us

If cars had evolved as fast as computers have, by now they'd cost a
quarter, run for a year on a half-gallon of gas, and explode once a day.