garages

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: garages
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 1996 20:49:00 +0000
-> This may be more than anyone had in mind, but I will add one thing to
-> the discussion, regarding pits.  If you are thinking about such an
-> addition to your shop it sounds like you'll need a host of permits
-> for it.

 Much depends on the locality.  Considering the anal-retentive attitude
of most building/zoning authorities, it is worthwhile to thoroughly
check any construction, wiring, or other work with any applicable
authorities before actually parting with case.

 Where I live now, any sort of pit would rapidly become a fish pond,
since you can get down to water with a shovel.  When we move, a site
suitable for a pit is high on the list.  I already have a Clayton
chassis dyno that requires a substantial hole in the floor, and I found
an old but complete Bear four wheel optical alignment rig for cheap -
but it needs a pit.  One pit could do two tasks in this case.