Re: Garages

To: Henry Frye <pp001287@interramp.com>
Subject: Re: Garages
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 1996 17:51:07 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 8 Jan 1996, Henry Frye wrote:

> So, I am going to build a shop.  I am thinking about 40' X 40',
> with a pit.  You know, enough room to store that wonderful
> project car you find for $1000.  And the next couple...
> With room to work on all of them at once!
>
> I am sure people on this list have built their "dream shop".
> I would like to hear your stories, what you did, and what
> you would do different if you had to start over today.

I have thought a good bit about the pros and cons of pits, because I need
to expand my garage.  Apparently lifts can be had for about $2500, and
could be moved from house to house.  A lift would be a good deal more
useful and flexible than a pit (e.g. raise the car up to buff the sides
or work on the brakes), probably safer (no evil fume collection), easier
to install, and maybe cheaper.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910