Re: the twink

To: "Graeme Sutherland" <graeme@pixelfusion.com>,
Subject: Re: the twink
From: "Stuart J. Ross" <stuross@tempest.nac.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 11:57:22 -0400
My friend Scott Willoughby added aftermarket fuel injection to his early 70s
+8 and it really flew. He has a Corvette engine sitting in a hot rod shop
awaiting installation in the Morgan. I don't know why, but that's his
choice. The Chevy 350 block fits fairly easily into the +8. But then it
won't truly be a Morgan anymore. I had a college buddy who had a 1950
Studebaker with a Caddy engine (Studalacs were popular conversions back in
the late 50s) What was the car? A Studebaker? or a Cadilac? What's a Morgan
with a very non-standard engine? A rose by any other name would smell as
sweet, but a Mog with a strange engine might run faster, but isn't a true
Morgan. How would it be judged at a concours? (Competetion class?) Just my
random musings on the topic. I will keep my TR engine in my +4 and not try
to install a Ferrari F50 V-12 this week.