twink/x-flow

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: twink/x-flow
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 08:23:31 -0400
Dear all:

Well, we seem to have sparked an interesting debate on what is or is not a
Morgan, based largely upon what engine is in the car (ironic, that,
considering that Morgan has NEVER made its own engine!).  It reminds me of
an MG TD I saw with a four cyl. fuel injected BMW engine, once.  I'm no
particular lover of the TD, nor of BMWs but you had to admire the talent
exhibited in the very nice looking engine swap, and to wonder what it did
to the fun factor too.  Cars bring pleasure in all sorts of ways.

Anyway...
Can someone who has access to some figures provide me with a quick-n-sloppy
comparison of the horse power output of a road-tuned Lotus Twink versus a
road-tuned 1600 X-Flow (assuming both have dual strombergs)??  I'm guessing
the twink is in the 110-120 HP range while the 1600 X-flow is in the 85 HP
range.  Am I close on these figures?  What about torque curves?

True/false: both engines are fairly 'free reving?'

On a related note: anyone want to buy a cracker jack '63 MGB (not burdened
by a reputation for being 'free reving') to help finance all this?  =:O

Have a great holiday weekend, y'all!
Will "its a sickness" Zehring