Re: the twink

To: zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: the twink
From: Chasfloew@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 14:04:01 EDT
In a message dated 98-09-03 08:25:06 EDT, zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU writes:

<< With the recent availability of a lotus twincam engine and tranny, I'm
 wondering about the prospect of a transplant to me 4/4.  Has anyone done
 this, or seen it done, that they can comment on the feasability of the
 change.  >>

I have a 4/4 series II that had a series III engine in it when I bought it.
Since the 105E was non-original and needed a lot of work, I opted for a 2300
pinto.  My thought was to save the parts and it could always be put back.
This swap required new motor mounts and a little sheet-metal work on the
tunnel.  Then the pedals had to be moved a half-inch closer.  It's also real
tight around the alternator.   An electric fan had to be installed.

I'm also advised that the differential is not designed for this kind of power.
So there's another possible concern.  It CAN go up a hill now, though!

I consider this to be a Morgan, since Morgan have never made thier own
engines.  I read somewhere that Peter Morgan considered anything that made the
car better or faster was okay, but that sometimes he couldn't figure out WHY
people did some of the things they did.

Charles Loew
'59 4/4