Re: Rover V8 prices...

To: Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net>
Subject: Re: Rover V8 prices...
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 20:22:57 -0500
Cc: Mike Hartwig <mhartwig@cbu.edu>, mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
There is a fellow here in Maryland- actually, the car is in Manassas,
Virginia, that wants to sell a Rover 3500. This is a 3.5L FI car,
5-speed. Looked at the car Sunday, but not what I wanted- I was looking
for a driver, & the car has massive electrical problems, power windows &
door locks that don't work, unknown suspension.

It is a high milage engine, but has records of regular service up to
184,000 miles. We hooked up a battery, car started instantly, a little
smoke at start up, then idled down & ran very smoothy, reved freely,
with no smoke. I did not drive the car from lack of interest, & leaking
clutch hydraulics, but pumping up the clutch, the owner drove it a short
distance, 1st & reverse are good, at least. If anyone is interested, I
can supply a phone number.  Asking price is $800.00, & you must take the
entire car. It is drivable per the owner, assuming you have no need to
lower the windows.

Jim Stuart