Re: Rover V8 prices...

To: Jim G <jimgcusavecom@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Rover V8 prices...
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 22:45:13 -0500
Cc: Susan and John Roper <vscjohn@iamerica.net>, Greg Williams <Greg_Williams@cayennesoft.com>, mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net, Buick Rover V8 <buick-rover-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
A really hot set-up is to use an Olds block & pistons with a set of
Buick heads from a 4bbl engine. Olds had 2 types of heads to vary the
compression for 2 & 4 bbl engines. Buick used the same heads, but
changed pistons. Olds used the same pistons on all engines.

The combination yields approx 10.75: 1 compression, & the Buick heads
sit more upright, making for better spark plug & headder bolt access. I
ran such an engine 170,000 miles on 93 octane Amoco with no problems
untill I broke a rocker shaft @ 7000 rpm drag racing a 6-speed Camero.
Stayed with him 'till I broke. I think the very heavy valve springs were
a contributing factor.

Don't do that any more.

Jim Stuart