Re: Rover V8 prices...

To: vscjohn@iamerica.net (Susan and John Roper)
Subject: Re: Rover V8 prices...
From: jimgcusavecom@webtv.net (Jim G)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 22:42:35 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Greg_Williams@cayennesoft.com (Greg Williams), mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net, buick-rover-v8@Autox.Team.Net (Buick Rover V8)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
John, You're one of the few people I've ever encountered that knew the
Olds alum V-8 was not the same as a Buick alum V-8. They had 2 more
studs per cylinder and were much stronger than the Buick. Olds also had
a 160 hp unit available. I had one with 16,000 total miles on it and
planned to put it in my +4 Morgan but changed my mind. It was completely
rebuilt and run in on a test stand. Beautiful engine - now rest under
the hood of a 1931 Model A roadster in Mahone Bay, Canada.

JimG