Re: [Mg-t] 54 TF engine timing

To: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] 54 TF engine timing
From: Dave and Liz DuBois <ddubois@sinclair.net>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 11:33:22 -0700
Bud,

I just went back to see what I wrote in my sent file and here is what I see:

> Since the XPAG/XPEG engines only have a single timing point, one
> either adjusts them statically or uses a dial back timing light to set
> the timing.  Since i have a dial back timing light, I use that to set
> the timing at about 50 - 60 BTDC at idle and a total of  350 BTDC at
> around 2800 rpm - 3000 rpm.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave
I'm not sure how those extra 0s got in there (perhaps my e-mail program
is multiplying everything by 10).  Anyway, you are right it should be 5
-6 degrees and 35 degrees.  Looking at the quote in your e-mail and what
I wrote, it may be that the degree symbol that I used may have gotten
converted somehow to 0s.  I wonder now, how many other e-mails that I
have written, using the degree symbol have wound up as 0s.

Cheers,
Dave