Re: [Mg-t] 54 TF engine timing

To: "Howard Battan" <battanhr@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] 54 TF engine timing
From: JohnD <johnsfolly@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 13:44:10 -0400
I start with static timing and then check things with one of those
"advanceable" timing lights.  I figure the advance springs in the dizzy are
pretty tired after so many years of "springing" here and there.
I run the RPM up to what I figure should be full advance or maybe up to 4500
rpm and look to have about 32 degrees of full advance.  (or maybe it was
35).  But I do not get any detonation and typically run midgrade fuel.
John Deikis
*Racing in the Past Lane*

--
Racing in the Past Lane!