RE: To Tube or Not to Tube

To: "'Scott Allen'" <scottinarl@hotmail.com>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: To Tube or Not to Tube
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 18:00:51 -0600
Scott,

No question about it. Tubes are a must - especially with wire wheels, but
even the TD steel wheels should be run with tubes.

I don't know where in the country (world?) you are, but here in the midwest
USA, we have a farm supply store called "Mill's Fleet Farm". They stock just
about any size tube as long as it is used on a car, truck, or farm
implement. I just bought 5 new tubes for my 1936 MG PB (4.00 x 19) for $8.00
per tube. And that's a really wierd size. More common sizes are slightly
cheaper. Now go and compare those prices against what the MG parts dealsers
charge for tubes of equivalent size!

And to Peter Jenniches: Where do you find deserts in Germany?

Regards,
Lew Palmer
http://www.roundaboutmanor.com

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]