Re: More Questions

To: mgt <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: More Questions
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 14:42:01 -0800
Marline:

The only leather on the BODY trim was the leather beading
across the tops of the door and the leather trim across the
tops of the door pocket opening.  Everything else is Rexine
(vinyl) and the seats are as Bob described.  This was/is
true at least on the late TD's.  My car has the originial
interior yet except for the seats.

Contrary to Horst's book, the beading under the panel edges
which also goes around the dash board is one piece.  Where
it goes under the door striker plates, the seam is opened
and section of the cord is removed so it will lay flat under
the plate.  There is also a tacking hole in the stiker
backing plate in the recess for the stricker catch.  Also,
on my car the hidem beading was one continous piece stitched
across all three panels.

Blake

<<<snip>>>
I believe that the the curved rail around the dashboard was
covered in
leather, same color as the seats, over a rubber pad.