Re: More Questions

To: "Marlene Rzepkowski" <mrzepkow@rochester.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: More Questions
From: Skip Kelsey <Kelsey@shadetreemotors.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 14:02:25 -0800
Marlene:

The original interiors were a combination of leather and "rexine"., which
was something like vinyl today. Mostly the side panels and the rear areas
were in the "rexine". The seats were mostly leather. Most of the mirrors
used were the fender mounted "Lucas" wing mirrors. There are some "TC"
style mirrors that can be attached to the windshield frames.
I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, just put them forward!

Cheers:

Skip Kelsey..................www.shadetreemotors.com

At 11:50 AM 12/18/00, Marlene Rzepkowski wrote:
>I just wanted to thank all of you who gave me hints on my trip to England.
>The trip was great and the weather managed to hold out for us to see all
>that we wanted to. However, I was quite disappointed on the MG side. We made
>2 trips to Abingdon, which was a challenge, and both times the MGCC was
>closed early.  We even called to make sure of their hours. Oh well, we saw
>more of the sites that way and it will give us another reason to head back
>to England if given the opportunity!!
>My thoughts now return to my TF waiting patiently in the garage for driving
>weather to return.  It appears that at one point a restoration had been done
>on my car. My question to the list is in regard to its interior. Was the
>original seat upholstery leather,vinyl,or a choice between the two?  What
>other interior areas should have matching fabric(i.e.:padded dash area)?
>What would be a good source for finding correct color combinations for
>interior and exterior?
>Were rear view mirrors mounted on the fenders an option? I have a single
>mirror mounted to the frame of the front windshield.
>Sorry if I have asked what has already been answered but that comes with
>being new to the list.
>
>TIA,
>Marlene
>54 MGTF