Re: More Questions

To: mrzepkow@rochester.rr.com
Subject: Re: More Questions
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 12:17:08 -0500
Marlene,
  Seats were originally leather on the wearing surfaces--backs and
bottoms, while the non-wearing surfaces--vertical sides, the back
surfaces of seatbacks, etc were made of an early type of PVC called
Rexine.
  I believe that the the curved rail around the dashboard was covered in
leather, same color as the seats, over a rubber pad.  Get confirmation of
this assertion before you buy the leather, though.
  From the T-Register, order the "T-Series Handbook".  Chip Old
researched all the color combinations.  If you want the answer quickly,
tell me the body color (or give me the car # and I can look it up) and
reply with the upholstery colors offered with that paint color.
  Rearview mirrors on the fenders were a "period option", meaning that MG
didn't put them on but that they were commonly installed by owners and
dealers at that time period.   If you want them on the fenders, get the
convex glass mirror. The angle of the optics involved prevent flat
mirrors from being very effective when they are that far forward of your
seating position.    MG on earlier cars did attach mirrors to the
windscreen. In truth, mirrors work better there than on the fender, as
they give a wider field of view. All modern cars have mirrors on the
doors rather than on the fenders for this reason.
Bob
TD MkII