Re: Exon Valdees in my garage

To: mgbob@juno.com
Subject: Re: Exon Valdees in my garage
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 23:49:16 EDT
Bingo! There is an inner groove that I didn't even realize was there. And it
had a rock hard 50 year old ring in it. The felt filters I've been using come
with a thick ring and a thin ring. All these years I've been using the thick
ring which just fits inside the rim with no wall to support the inside edge.
I guess the thick ring was just sitting on top of the groove and the old
ring. I managed to dig the old ring out. It measured 3/32 inch thick, which
is still a little thicker than the thin ring replacement. So the thin ring
doesn't quite fill the groove, but it seems to be working OK and for the
first time ever there is no oil drip from the bottom of the canister. Thanks
for the good advice guys!