Re: Exon Valdees in my garage

To: yd3@nvc.net
Subject: Re: Exon Valdees in my garage
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 09:29:24 -0400
Blake,
  The cannister can get stuck pretty darn tight, can't it.
   Thanks, BTW, for your mention of the NAPA display. I'll see if our
local store has one.  Fram was a fine name, once upon a time. It's a
disappointment that they let standards slip. A long time is necessary to
rebuild a reputation; only a short time to destroy one. When I was just
starting out in the working world, I had a job with a warehouse
distributor in Maine. We carried Fram. Their tech reps would visit from
time to time, and bring with them comparison notebooks showing their
filters compared to other name brands, and all sorts of interesting tech
stuff about micron filtration, acid reduction qualities, etc.  Pretty
heady stuff for a kid!   At that time, 1970---  ,  Fram was a
premium-priced filter and we had to compete against the cheap units.
Today, Fram is in the discount houses and I see them often for 99c and
1.99.
Bob