Re: Exon Valdees in my garage

To: "Bullwinkle" <yd3@nvc.net>, "mgt" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Exon Valdees in my garage
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 19:44:42 -0700
In fact, the sensible thing to do is to remove the old seal (that has
doubtless hardened with age and heat) and install one of the new seals that
come in the box with the new filter.

Provided you do not install it on top of an old seal left there by a
previous owner, and so long as you place the new seal securely in its
groove, then tighten the canister against the seal, in the groove, rather
than cocked and sitting partially on the edge of the housing, you should
eliminate future oil loss as a result of a careless filter change.

Just a suggestion, of course,

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center