Re: P type Wiring diagram card

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: P type Wiring diagram card
From: Kellmg@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 20:27:07 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
In a message dated 01/13/2002 1:02:33 PM Central Standard Time,
gill.morbey@virgin.net writes:

> The plastic plate fits BETWEEN the junction box and the firewall.  That
> solved ANOTHER mystery I had been puzzling over - namely, how do you stop
> the 2 resistors from the (antique) 3-brush system which sit within the
> junction box from shorting out against the metal of the firewall - answer -
> the plastic diagram card insulates them!
>
> It also resolved yet ANOTHER query - which way up does the Junction Box go?
> Answer:  With the cut-out at the bottom and fusebox at the top.  That at
> least is what the card would suggest!

Dick,Lew, Listers,

At the rear of my original cutout was a piece, if not two pieces, of asbestos
material plus the wire cage. This, I presume, was to reduce the chance of
the resistors touching earth and also, a heat barrier.

I once read that trials owners would turn the units upside down to avoid the
fuses dropping out on the rough.

I decided to mount my fuses up top due to the fact that the holes in the unit
for the wiring loom is off centre by one inch. On my firewall the hole for
the loom to dash is horizontally in line with the unit. This wouldn't be the
case if it was upside down. Off by 2".

Wasn't there also a card insert that fitted over the fuses to identify them?

Brian Kelly.