Re: P type Wiring diagram card

To: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@mn.mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: P type Wiring diagram card
From: "Gill Morbey" <gill.morbey@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 18:59:39 -0000
Cc: "'MMM List UK'" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Dear Lew,

Re the last e mail - I went down to dig out the original 1935 firewall and
realisation dawned!

The plastic plate fits BETWEEN the junction box and the firewall.  That
solved ANOTHER mystery I had been puzzling over - namely, how do you stop
the 2 resistors from the (antique) 3-brush system which sit within the
junction box from shorting out against the metal of the firewall - answer -
the plastic diagram card insulates them!

It also resolved yet ANOTHER query - which way up does the Junction Box go?
Answer:  With the cut-out at the bottom and fusebox at the top.  That at
least is what the card would suggest!

What say you?

Regards
Dick Morbey