Re: enough is not enough, or is it?

To: "Ray" <spook01@home.com>
Subject: Re: enough is not enough, or is it?
From: C Sherriff <Clives_page@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 05:16:34 -0500
Cc: Kellmg@aol.com, "'Pip Bucknell'" <mgwizard@caloundra.net>, "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@mn.mediaone.net>, "'MMM List UK'" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
I think this was fairly common practice in the industry in the UK
at least, and some of the Italian racing chassis will forever remain a
mystery!

For example one of my Connaughts, a sports model built on a highly
modified Lea Francis Sports chassis has a chassis originally built by
Lea Francis to be an all leaf spring car. It was Chassis #7106.  LeaF.
developed this chassis to be their testbed prototype independent front
suspension chassis with torsion bars etc and renumbered it #7116.

They then sold it to Connaught who further developed it, fitted their
own engine, rear axle etc and gave it it's slim cycle winged "L3/SR"
sports Racing body - then sold it as a new car!!!

Clive
Oxford UK

Message text written by "Ray"
>This gives some idea of the lengths the works were willing to go to
in orderto pedal the cars on hand.
Try getting away with this today.....you would be in the slammer faster
thanyou can say "MG"!
Fascinating reading, though.  Thanks!
Best,
Ray<