another disput looming

To: "MMM List UK" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: another disput looming
From: "Pip Bucknell" <mgwizard@caloundra.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 09:15:08 +1000
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
My dear friends around the world.

It was nice to see the pictures of the destroyed K1 and I thank you for the
listing.  I am glad the PRESENT owner does not make it out to be a K3.  So
many do.  And what about future owners.

However, to call it a meticulous "upgrade to K3 specifications" is somewhat
wide  of the mark.

I enjoyed Mr C Sherriff's comments as he accurately describes this car as a
FAKE.  That is, it is purporting to be something that it is not.

Perhaps you would all consider if it is time that we gave these cars their
correct name.  This car can only be a modified K1 or a K3 fake.  Surely it is
not a replica.

Our new Pre War MG Register Captain in Australia is grappling with these terms
and it will be interesting to learn what he decides on these matters.

I have said that I dislike the word "special" when describing MMM MG's.  The
reasons is that, to me, all MMM cars were special.  Some specially bad & some
specially good, but nun the less, still special.  So when some one wants to
change a car from this group, to something that it was not originally produced
to be by making "it" look like something else, isn't it truly a FAKE.

Well, today is Sunday and I guess it is time to leave you all to ponder those
words

Best wishes to all for 2002.

Pip Bucknell
AUSTRALIA