RE: another radio question

To: Phillip Hall <Phillip.B.Hall@nasa.gov>
Subject: RE: another radio question
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 13:13:43 -0700
>  I'm sorry - I am not familiar with this "cassette" thing.  How many MB
> does it hold.

Watch it, my Studebaker has an aftermarket cassette player :-)

You apparently never had a Trash-80 or similar generation.. It's
measured in kilobytes, not megabytes :-) And are we referring to
C-30, C-60, C-90 or 'stretch it 'til it don't play no more' C-120's?

Roadster related: I have a power amp mounted in the original
speaker case, and just plug in a 'source' when I want music (in
my case, a walkman-style FM receiver, or a CD/MP3 player).
One car has no radio at all (no radio = no incentive to destroy
the dash trying to steal it). The other has an '80s vintage am/fm
from, I believe, a Sentra. Note that mounting any 'vintage' radio is
going to require cutting out the thin metal strip that goes down the
middle of the slot, between the dial plate and the buttons...

-- John