Re: another radio question

To: Brian Reynolds <brianrreynolds@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: another radio question
From: Dan Zubkoff <zubkoff@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 12:22:43 -0700 (PDT)
In the course of looking for answer's to Dave's Radio
questions, I ended up buying a new stereo for my 66
roadster :)

I purchased a Marine CD player with a wired remote
control unit (which has a digital display).

I plan to mount the new CD head unit in the trunk in
an ABS mounting unit. This will help simplify my
install because my battery is also located in the
trunk. For an antenna, I have purchased a hot rod
styled hidden horizontal antenna which will also be
mounted in the trunk.

On the interior of the car, a single wired cable will
connect the remote wired controller to the head unit.

http://tinyurl.com/ycqwvq

As you can see from the picture, the remote looks
extremely similar in size to the original head unit
opening in the 66's dash.

http://tinyurl.com/yep9a5

I will mount the wired remote in center dash console
where the original radio used to reside. The wired
remote comes with a mounting kit, but I may custom
fabricate a flush mounted plate (which also covers the
knob holes) which will hold the wired controller. I'm
not sure if I will use black ABS or a chrome strip for
the plate.

Dan Zubkoff
San Mateo, CA

I like the > idea of a remote> control, because then
the unit could be installed> under the passenger side>
dash somewhat out of site, and the remote could sit>
on the ash tray cover.> ...My questions is: where in
the car have other> people mounted> after-market
radios and been happy (or unhappy) with> the result?