Re: another radio question

To: Marc&Heidi <mtyler@hctc.net>
Subject: Re: another radio question
From: Dan Zubkoff <zubkoff@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 20:02:48 -0700 (PDT)
I'll just have to see how well it does/doesn't work.

I purchased from Tune Trappers (ECS Corp).

http://www.ecshylites.com/page/page/761353.htm

Here is what they say about the unit:

The Tune Trapper antenna was designed to be hidden.
Mount anywhere, in any position, in steel or
fiberglass.  Most vertical whip antennas are a 1/4
wave ground plane.  The TT is a full 1/2 wave helical
dipole, wound with several feet of wire and requires
no ground.  Each TT is hand tuned to resonance with
special instruments. We use 95% braided sheild cable
for virtual elimination of EMI electrical noise caused
by engines, fans, wipers, etc.  <<SNIP>>

The TT antenna will not cause radio overload problems
associated with amplified antenna's.  These hand tuned
USA made antenna's require no power.   Your radio has
all the preamp it needs built in, it's just looking
for a properly tuned antenna to make it rock.  Every
TT is tested before being packaged.   We guarantee it
will perform.  The TT no ground plane design works
well on all vehicles.

Dan Zubkoff
San Mateo, CA