Re: Starter Problem - '68 - 2000???

To: RacerY@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Starter Problem - '68 - 2000???
From: roadster68 <roadster68@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 21:56:16 -0600
When I was rotating the pump I had oil returns from the lower block
connector that normally fed the distributor.  But when I let the drill speed
up the oil would immediately start rising out of the distributor base hole
in block.  Can a guy just cover the hole w/ a cloth while turning the pump?
Would this oil normally just fall back in to the oil pan?  Otherwise the oil
will all end up on the floor.  Larry.