RE: Oil Pressure

To: wilhouse@charter.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Oil Pressure
From: "Jim InVirginia" <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 10:52:16 -0400
You can remove the valve cover and start the engine and make sure lots  of
oil is dripping
and flying around from the pushrods and rockers.  WOuld be wise to put some
rags down on
either side of the engine before doing this.

If you actually had zero oil pressure you would find out really quck, in an
expensive andpainful manner.

My gauge drops to almost zero at idle when hot, and as long as it comes back
up when RPM goes up
I just done worry about it.

I have a 67 stroker 1600.  It has a new oil pump and I always use Castrol
20W 50.

I suppose you could loosen the little oil pipe on the side of the engine by
the distributor and make
sure goodly quantities of oil seep out of this.

Hope this helps,
Jim
Chesapeake, Virginia

>From: "Ken & Tammy" <wilhouse@charter.net>
>To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Oil Pressure
>Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 19:39:17 -0500
>
>Hey Gang,
>I parked the truck and have been riding the motorcycle or driving the
>Datsun
>to work instead.  As I was driving this week, my oil pressure gauge dropped
>"0" and then slowly rose back to normal (about half-way on my gauge).  As I
>was near home, the gauge dropped again, but never came back up.  The other
>gauges are working.  The engine was rebuilt last year.  Is this more likely
>gauge problem or am I in deep poo?  Is there a simple way to find out for a
>novice mechanic like me?  Or, should I just tow it to the shop for a pro?
>
>Thanks for any help,
>Ken
>'67 1600
>Janesville, WI

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!