RE: Oil Pressure

To: "Ken & Tammy" <wilhouse@charter.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Oil Pressure
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 19:50:19 -0700
There's a spring-loaded pressure relief valve built into the oil filter
mount. It is possible that this has either stuck open or the spring has
failed. It's only two bolts to pull it off and check it. You won't be able
to really test the pressure at which it opens, but you should be able to see
if it is jammed.

Gordon
Renton, WA
1967 2000 #430