Oil Pressure

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Pressure
From: "Ken & Tammy" <wilhouse@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 19:39:17 -0500
Hey Gang,
I parked the truck and have been riding the motorcycle or driving the Datsun
to work instead.  As I was driving this week, my oil pressure gauge dropped to
"0" and then slowly rose back to normal (about half-way on my gauge).  As I
was near home, the gauge dropped again, but never came back up.  The other
gauges are working.  The engine was rebuilt last year.  Is this more likely a
gauge problem or am I in deep poo?  Is there a simple way to find out for a
novice mechanic like me?  Or, should I just tow it to the shop for a pro?

Thanks for any help,
Ken
'67 1600
Janesville, WI