Door hinge pins

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Door hinge pins
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 21:43:19 EDT
Hello all,

Just finished making up a dozen door hinge pins. They are 8 mm diameter,
2.9" long and straight knurled at one end, just like the original. If  anyone
wants to try some out they are $1.00 each plus $1.00 per order for  shipping.
This is the "introductory, still considered experimental" price.  Depending on
the feedback I hopefully receive I may make more in the  future.

One thing to check for is bent hinges. Here's how to check. Remove the  hinge
from the car. If the hardware includes a flat and lock washer then you do
have bent hinges. There should only be a lock washer. Put the bolts in the
hinge
 with a flat washer to simulate a compressed lock washer. Close the hinge all
the  way. All of the bolt heads should meet. If the ones farthest from the
pin meet  and leave a space between the ones closest to the pin then the hinge
is bent.  Usually one half or the other shows a bend between the bolt holes and
the  loop(s). If you heat this area just red hot you can straighten it. These
hinges  are not really very strong. Leaning on the door when it is open is a
good way to  bend them. I've found that once the hinges are straight most door
fitting  problems are resolved fairly easily.

keith"too windy to bead blast" williams