Re: Newbie

To: datsun-roadster list<datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Newbie
From: Ryan Roswell Bird<birdman@myrealbox.com>
Date: 2 Dec 2001 16:55:00 -0700
Welcome aboard!

My car is still in a few pieces about 400 miles away from me, but she'll be all
together soon..  (Ok, I've been saying that for a while, but I really feel
optimistic now.)

We haven't had the "Which Roadster is Better" war in quite a while, so, I'll
attempt to get it started....Nah, all I'll do is claim mine is best because I
own it....  I don't think there is a perfect model out there.

It is all a matter of preference.  The initial question you should ask is:

1500 vs 1600 vs 2000.
Late vs. Early Models.

I'm sure you've heard this before, but buy the best looking / running /
conditioned roadster you can find.  While I'm enjoying my frame-off
restoration, it is not an economically feasible way to go, especially if you
want to drive her now.  Be patient and make sure to check the list regularly.
Good cars are often available here, and if you take your time, you might even
find one in your neck of the woods.

Ryan Bird
Car 67 1600 (Santa Ana, CA)
Home: Tempe, AZ
www.picturetrail.com/ryanrbird

>>> Thomas Wolfe <tomwolfe@texas.net> 12/02/01 01:20PM >>>
Hi everyone,

My name is Thomas Wolfe and I'm in Austin, Texas.  While I
do not yet own a Datsun Roadster, I have decided that in the
near future I want to get one.  I used to own an '89 Isuzu
IMark (don't laugh, it was highly customized and I was
published in Sport Compact Car with it) and found the Isuzu
Mail List group to have valueable information, so when I
found that there was one for the Datsun Roadsters, I decided
to join up.  I have a couple of questions for anyone:

Is there a place to read the archives of this mail list?
In anyone/everyone's opinion, which year was the best for
this roadster?
Are these cars reliable daily drivers or should they be
relegated to occaisional use only?
How would you rate parts availablility?
Does Nissan sell any parts for them any more?
What is the average price that I'd expect to pay for a '67?
That's the one I'm most interested in.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Thom