Re: CA Black Plate Bill Vetoed

To: Gary McCormick <gkmcc@netgate.net>,
Subject: Re: CA Black Plate Bill Vetoed
From: Roman Rist <roadsterregistry@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 00:42:43 -0700 (PDT)
--- Gary McCormick <gkmcc@netgate.net> wrote:
 Reflective license plates do increase safety
--- Gov Davis writes;
This change represents a significant potential public safety problem as
reflectorization assists police officers and citizens in accurately
identifying vehicles that are involved in unlawful activities.

BS!!!!! reflective plates increase public safety.....HOW????

A black or blue plate vechicle stands out in the crowd of white
reflective plates!!!!!
I wish polititians would stop bull----ing us and tell the truth.
It is about revenue, speeding tickets, camera issued tickets, etc, IT
IS ABOUT MONEY...possibly millions of dollars!!!!!!! Not to mention
contracts with the companies that manufacture, market, and sell these
Big Brother devices. When did the govt REALLY CARE about our "safety".

Sorry to rant and rave but it really pisses me off, not so much that
the bill got vetoed, just the lame untruthful "reason".

Roman
Roman

=====
roadsterregistry@yahoo.com