Re: CA Black Plate Bill Vetoed

To: Gordon Glasgow <gsglasgow@home.com>
Subject: Re: CA Black Plate Bill Vetoed
From: Gary McCormick <gkmcc@netgate.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 22:44:47 -0700
Gordon, you are so cynical ;^) ... but I think you may be right on this one.
Reflective license plates do increase safety, but the crime-busting angle is
tenuous - as Mike said, not a lot of getaways being made in pre-1970 classics!
I'm glad that my '70 is eligible for year of manufacture plates - I may have go
rustle some up when I re-register her some day, as I only have a rear plate.

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA

///
///