Re: Floor pan repair

To: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.B.Hall@MSFC.NASA.GOV>,
Subject: Re: Floor pan repair
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 11:32:46 -0400
I would try to remove all the rust before applying the fiberglass by either
sandblasting or glass beads or by other means. I wouldn't depend on a rust
converter to stop all the rust.

I would use an etching primer and use the fiberglass over that. If rust
continues to be a problem under the fiberglass you will have a bigger
problem in the future.

The fiberglass will be tough and should provide a lot of stiffness and sound
deadening.

Yep remove all that dried up porous undercoating as it will cause problems
for you in the future. Don't ask me how I know.

I sprayed Waxoyl in the doors and everywhere else and it's a great product
to use in cavities and everywhere else on the car.

Mike