gas tank removal/ cleaning

To: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster@texoma.net>, "L Jordan" <ay107@lafn.org>
Subject: gas tank removal/ cleaning
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 10:47:05 -0400
I bolt a piece of plywood to my floor jack to serve as a platform so the gas
tank doesn't tilt over on removal or installation. It works great. I've done
it several times and one tank was almost full.

If you remove the trunk mat there is an acess hole to disconnect the sender
wires. I think you can also reach the vent line and can cut it then.

If worse comes to worse you can by a gas tank sealer kit from Eastwood and
do the job yourself. Not pleasant but effective.

Mike

///
///