Re: More fun than roadsters OT

To: Dan Neff <neffster189@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: More fun than roadsters OT
From: Thomas - Sweden <csp311@telia.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 15:01:47 +0200
They are quite warm even in sub-zeroF with an open face helmet
and visor but no, we dont go top down in the winter. It's possible
to do so if dressed properly. It's not much colder than skiing. We
do turn the heater on in the summer with the top down, if the
temperature is below 65-70F in highway speeds.

Thomas

Dan Neff wrote:

> Laurie posted:
> >> Roadster Content: Wouldn't you guy in the colder climes like one of
> >> those suits for some top-down winter cruising ???
> >>
> Sun, 23 Sep 2001 20:15:24 Thomas - Sweden <csp311@telia.com> replied:
> >We use snowmobile suits in the winter and we dont turn off the heater
> >in the summer.
>
> BBRRRRRrrRRR!!! Do you really?!?! Coming from year-round motorcycling,
> my eyeballs pucker at the thought of that kind of (eye) exposure! Guess
> I could use my fullface helmet, but...
>
> Coldest I've ever driven was around 30degs (F). Had to wedge kleenex
> up my nostrils to keep snot from freezing on my mustache...
> Thank you, I'll stick to top-up in the winter time!
>
> Dan Neff    '69 2000
> Colorado Springs, CO
>
> p.s. I'm envious of that B24 ride; my fantasy is a backseat
> (conversion) ride in a P51D. Or maybe a B25 (my dad flew those).
> Although I wouldn't be at all opposed to mooching a ride off of
> Tom Walter's Van (RV4?) project (when's it going to be ready Tom?) --
> my Dad was going to build an RV6 himself (until he passed away).
>
> p.p.s. Are there any roadster counselors on board here? Long (boring)
> story, but yesterday I was helping a neighbor by following her around
> in her '60 MGA (1600cc OHV) (_I_ got to drive a minivan. BLECH).. Dang,
> that's a cool looking car!! Never thought much of 'em before, but those
> smooth body lines kinda grow on you after awhile. Somebody stop me
> before I trade my 2000 in on an MG! ;)
>
> ///

///
///