Re: More fun than roadsters OT

To: Davesmbox@aol.com
Subject: Re: More fun than roadsters OT
From: weisner <"weisner@seidata.com"@seidata.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 06:17:57 -0700
Dave
        I went for a ride in it a few years ago. What a trip! It's 10 times
more intense than a roadster. You wouldn't expect something that big to
pull
a G load like it does. The body skin isn't much thicker than a soda can,
and
some of the panel gaps are big enough to stick your fingers in, but they
did
what they needed to do!
        My father flew in one in WWII. His plane was shot down over Holland.
Dad was usually the nose gunner, but switched places with the waist
gunner
that day. The guy in the nose didn't make it out.
        Kurt Weisner

Davesmbox@aol.com wrote:

> I love my roadsters but today I FLEW in a B24 Liberator WW2 bomber. My God.
> I want one but there is only one left flying and at $3200 and hour in gas and
> maintenence I think I will need to stick with the Datsun. But OH MY GOD what
> a trip. Climbed all over it, sat in the turrets. I could only imagine what
> those 19 year old kids thought 55 years ago as they were strapped in the same
> section of floor that I sat in as they went off to war.
> What a trip.
> Dave
>
> ///
> ///