RE: More fun than roadsters OT

To: Roadster Listgroup <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: More fun than roadsters OT
From: Dan Neff <neffster189@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 22:15:27 -0600
I said:
>> p.p.s. Are there any roadster counselors on board here?
>> ... following her around in her '60 MGA ... Dang, that's a cool
>> looking car!!  Never thought much of 'em before, but those smooth
>> body lines kinda grow on you after awhile. Somebody stop me before
>> I trade my 2000 in on an MG!

Dr Gordon came to the rescue:
>Go drive one sometime. That'll cure you. After driving a 2000, you'll
>be saying "I didn't know these things only had two cylinders."  ;-)

HO!!
  Based on the way she was driving, I wondered. But she's a bit of a
flake, so I couldn't tell if the limiting factor was the car or the
attachment to the steering wheel.. I didn't have any trouble keeping
up with a minivan, which means I would've been going NUTS coasting
along in my roadster.

Laurie added:
>Two words on the MGA:  wooden frame.
>
>That oughta be enough to keep the Datsun around !

No way?!

"datsunmike" disagreed:
>Wood frame? Not at all. You're thinking of another car. The MGA has
>wood floors and there is some wood in the door posts I believe but
>not a wood frame.

While I'm digressing, I confess. If I had more money than brains (BOTH
in short supply lately!), I'd get a Morgan (wood frame). That's been a
fantasy car of mine since I was a kid. Never even ridden in one. I have
NO idea how stupid that would be... Strictly lust.

Anyway. I feel better now (and I STILL have my Datsun!).
thankyouverymuch.

Dan Neff    '69 2000
Colorado Springs, CO

///