RE: More fun than roadsters OT

To: "Autox" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: More fun than roadsters OT
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 22:18:53 -0700
Back in 75 when I bought my roadster, I lusted after two cars: a late 60s
XK-E and an Alpha Spider. Could have bought either but the Jag was a hardtop
(wanted a convertible) and the Alpha was missing a transmission (sorry
Victor!). So I found this rather forlorn looking 67 1600 sitting on a Datsun
dealer's used car lot and said 'this will do'.

It was red at that time, and yes, it did make all the right noises and I was
trading in a Pinto, but I don't think it was lust that made me buy the
beast. It was kind of like getting that stray dog out of the pound and
you're sure he'll catch a Frisbee and be your best friend if you just treat
him right.

Over time my roadster and I have come to an understanding: I don't drive her
sideways through corners and she does not catch on fire and kill me. A
compromise I'm willing to make for a friend of 26 years.

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600
http://www.PictureTrail.com/bauman311