Re: Nissan Auto Parts dot Com

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nissan Auto Parts dot Com
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 13:09:31 EDT
 .02 or .03 here....

When buying they have no provision for choosing shipping options, or even
getting a shipping estimate. You're really at their mercy and when your
teensy flat mailable part shows up w/ $10.00 shipping it sorta pisses you
off. (been there....)

2nd bad experience: when the parts you ordered show up costing 25% more than
listed online ( but reasonable shipping), then you gotta start making phone
calls.

They did remedy the error and were pleasant to deal with and explained that
they had not updated their data-base prices.  If only they listed their
1-800- # on the website, this sorta thing would be avoided.

A searchable data base is only as good as the upkeep on it.  If you must buy
parts from the local dealer instead of one of our vendors, I'd look into
getting a club discount and finding the "right parts guy" and stick w/
dealing w/ him (or her !)  I'm a big fan of keeping your $ local or w/
trusted friends.

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
AzROC