No Power

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: No Power
From: "Jack Davis" <jrd.boulder@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 14:16:40 -0600
In July I installed a set of Z-Therapy carbs and the car ran pretty well but
I had some hesitation. I replaced the Rotor, Cap, Points, Plugs, and wires.
Now I have no power at all.

The timing is fine. The dwell is at 52, per my dwell meter. The carbs are
balanced.

Sitting at idle (with the air cleaner off and the hood open) when I tap the
accelerator I hear a sucking sound and the engine almost dies. If I press
down on the accelerator the revs climb normally. It only happens with a
quick tap.

The car idles fine. Take it out on the road and as soon as I try to
accelerate I get a big time hesitation and no power at all. On shut down it
diesels very badly.

I am long on "want too" but short on experience. does this sound like a carb
problem
(lean/rich) or could I have done something when I installed the points?

My wife's '70 1600 is getting painted an mine doesn't run. We are both
needing a roadster fix!!

-
Jack Davis
'69 2000