Re: Nissan Auto Parts dot Com

To: Fred Schroeder <roadster@texoma.net>
Subject: Re: Nissan Auto Parts dot Com
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 23:25:52 -0500
Lots of things show up on the computer, very little of
it is "real goods".  I've seen things come up that I
have known to be NLA for a good 10 years.

Prices might reflect what the part last sold for, some
years back.

Local dealers have had better luck in tracking down
items. Best bet is to check with your friendly roadster
parts vendors, as they spend many hours tracking this
stuff down.

For fun, run the old 12109-25500  U-20 connecting rod
bolt. NLA for a good 10 years, it still shows up as a good
part number at 0.79!  About 10 years ago I used to call
EVERY nissan dealer within a 20 mile radius when I was
on business with various part numbers, the rod bolt being
one. Found 2 of them in Tucson!

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX.