Re: air box/heat

To: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>,
Subject: Re: air box/heat
From: Dan Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 23:46:16 -0700
Well Everyone seems to agree that the stock Solex air cleaner does not flow
very well.  I bought a neato set of chromed 3" NISMO   vel stacks  and I am
finding out that they are jsut to darn big to use with any of the 'regular'
filter options.
        Here's my plan.  I will attempt to make a cold air box with fiberglass.
I am going to carve a form out of foam and then lay a layer of fiberglass on
it.  I will then make a pretty straight shot to the front of the car with a
smooth tube and cap it off with a K&N cloth cone air filter.  Of course I will
have to lose/relocate the wiper washer bottle and the rad overflow tank.
        Does anybody have any thoughts on what the shape size of the
box should be??
        What I would really love to do is make the box out of some kind of
clear plastic.  That way you could see the neato triple chromed Vel Stacks.
                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA