Re: Shasta- A humbling experience

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shasta- A humbling experience
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 13:45:15 -0700
No, no, Andrew. The point is, you and your car were there. And you got to see a
lot of roadsters and
meet a lot of people (even though we never met up). That's what it's really
about. Heck, I didn't
even have my car there (except on the back of my shirt).

Sure, it's intimidating to see some of those cars. Did you see Herb Petty's
yellow 1600 with the
KA24 motor? Talk about perfection! Herb does incredible work. Of course, he's a
retired tool and die
maker, so attention to detail is in his DNA. And the quality of the cars has
come up tremendously in
the last several years. No matter how good it looks in the pictures, mine isn't
as nice as a lot of
the cars that were there.

But by all means, keep bringing your car. That way, people will be able to say,
"Man, he's really
done some good work on this car. I remember what it used to look like back in
2000, and it just
keeps getting better every year." I mean it, it's great to see how cars
progress and evolve over the
years. But if you keep it hidden and only bring it out when it's done, we miss
all that. Besides,
we'd still like to see 100 cars at Shasta. And I'd rather see 100 roadsters of
all kinds and levels
of completion than 50 show-quality-only cars.

--
Gordon Glasgow
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org