Re[2]: Shasta- A humbling experience

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Subject: Re[2]: Shasta- A humbling experience
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 17:04:37 -0700
Gordon is absolutely right - keep bringing those roadsters, no matter what
condition or shape they're in.

My first roadster show a couple years ago at Solvang, I brought my '70 1600
junker primer car (3 shades of primer), no carpeting or side panels, and a
dirty engine bay, chrome on one side only. I parked it at the end of the
row of cars because I felt humbled by what I saw. But I was extremely happy
to be there. And got a lot of good advice and ideas on fixing my car up
(like getting carpets). It got hung up at the painters so I went to Shasta
without a roadster, but was able to bring it the following year, this time
with a paint job and interior. The experience was the same - being among
others who enjoy Datsun roadsters and swapping stories.

BTW, our cars were close together at Solvang and Shasta but we didn't get
the chance to chat. Maybe at Doheny?

Fred "katman"
BADROC